I teach Licensed Clinicians HOW to have an online presence so you can get more clients.
I do this because I think Therapists are hiding and we have a secret, weird reputation. People are afraid of us; they don’t know what we do, how we do it or how therapy works. We need to come out of our offices and down to earth so people feel more comfortable coming into therapy. (I also just love this online world.)
“ Sue’s patience, consistent reassurance and advice have encouraged me to think positively, grandly and thoroughly as I grow my ideas into reality. I recommend Sue Bates with the highest level of confidence and excitement.” Diana L.
“ As someone who came into her office, rudderless, and with noooo website savvy, Sue has saved me time and lots of money by having forged ahead into cyberspace. Her Texas charm and humor inspires you take the bulls of promoting yourself by the horns. Most importantly for me, she is an incredible listener, and has helped me squelch the self doubt and fear which holds me back. She makes putting a website together fun, and a process of self discovery. She is a great coach and a website ‘fairy godmother’.” Meg R.
This would be a good fit for you if:
- This is your calling AND you also want to make a good living at it.
- You need more clients.
- You would like to update your practice & come into the 21st Century .
- You have a website and need it refreshed and updated so it will really help you build your practice.
- You don’t even know how to begin .
- You are ready to have a business, not just a practice.
This WOULD NOT be a good fit for you if:
- You are doing this because it is a hobby and you don’t really care about the money.
- You think it is just terrible that clinicians make this work about money, “It should just be about helping people.”
- You REALLY don’t like being online and feel just fine with what you have. No problem with that!
Start Here To Build Your Online Presence:
WHAT YOU GET- I Hold Your Hand & together we create:
First Step: What do YOU offer and how do YOU work?
- How do clients know that YOU are the right one for them? You know what they say about first impressions. It’s like dating, if you are not authentic, then how will the right person recognize it is you?
- Who are you? Are you shy? Outgoing? Kind and sensitive and do a lot of listening? Very Spiritual? Very woo woo? Down to earth and get it done? We all know different clients like different approaches. Does your website show this? With it’s colors and layout and what you say?
- What do you DO? Do you give clients a lot of time to talk and be listened to? Do you give a lot of guidance?
- HOW do you do it? Do you use body work? EMDR? Life Span Integration? Systems? (Hint: no one knows what those are, you have to explain it.)
- This is called BRANDING. It’s not complicated, it’s about really being authentic. It just happens when you go about showing people who you are.
Second Step: Website.
- You only need a simple website to start with. Most web developers don’t know our business at all. They don’t know what you need on your site. You only need about 5 pages at first. And a few other things to get started, it doesn’t have to be a big deal.
- You will need to pick a template to layout your site.
- You may want a blog, you may not. You don’t have to have one, and if you do, you need to know what it is for and how it fits in with your overall “business plan.”
- What do you want clients to DO on your site? What is it for? How are you going to use it in your overall business plan?
- Business plans are easy, you just need a general idea of what you want to do.
Third Step: Social Media.
- What DID you have for dinner? Just kidding. Really, social media is used for business and can be done very ethically and in a way that will add value to what you offer your clients.
- There is a way to use Facebook that will keep you in your clients mind if they need to refer to someone. And you don’t use your personal profile!
- And Twitter? Use it or not? What name do you use? How do you show up there? What do you talk about?
- What do you want to do on LinkedIn and Google +?
These are all decisions that need to be made to start out online.
So, if you are ashamed of your website , and confused about how to get all this set up…I am here to help you. It’s not that difficult, I find it fun.
Clients that contact therapists and health care professionals after seeing their websites are different from Insurance Referrals. They already like what you say and how you portray yourself. They have a good feeling about you and how you do therapy. When clients contact me they almost always say: “I really like your site and what you have to say. I think you can help me.” It amazes me how I often I hear this.
If someone is referred to you from another client or therapist, they usually already trust you. If they see your site and know something about you, they feel even more comfortable about working with you.
The genie is NOT going back in the bottle, most people search for therapists online. They need to have a sense of who you are before they even contact you. If they don’t, why would they bother? There are therapists who DO have websites, why would they go out of their way to call someone who doesn’t? A friend of mine was searching recently and said,” wow, I don’t know who to call, a lot of these therapists don’t have websites!”
Here is how to get started:
One-on-one in-person in Seattle or by Skype.
- COST: $150 for 1 – 45 minutes session.
- Package #1 = prepay for 4 sessions = $130 a session, you save $80.
- Package #2 = prepay for 8 sessions = $120 a session, you save $240.
Drop-in in-person Brainstorming group. This is in downtown Seattle. Coming in March, 2012.
COST: $50 for 1.5 hrs.
This is an easy and fun way to get started on your journey.
If you are wondering;
- how to get started and just want some quick tips on the overall look and feel of your web site.
- what to name your site.
- what are the next steps for YOU.
- will your ideas work? is is a good idea to go forward?
- do YOU need a site, maybe you don’t:)
- Get and share ideas from others. This is only for Licensed Clinicians.
I love brainstorming! This is a quick and easy way to get clear on what you want and how to move forward with it. This is a small drop in-group in Downtown Seattle. Being a therapist, I can help you quickly see how you need to present yourself through your web site. What colors would be good for you. An overall idea of what would represent YOU.
What you are agreeing to if you sign up for the Brainstorming Group.
- This group is $50 a session.
- No commitment.
- It is 1.5 hrs.
- We start on time and stop on time.
- There are only 5 people allowed in each group.
- First sign up and pay, first in group. Spots are limited.
Rotating 6 in-person groups: Only 5 people at a time.
Session #1 & 2. Who Am I And HOW do I show it? (Your Foundation:)
You Will Learn:
- How to present who YOU are.
- What colors and info to use on YOUR site.
- How to word what you need to say. There are things that therapists say that aren’t understood by the public.
- What will get clients to want to work with you and not the therapist down the street.
Session 3 & 4. What you need to get started or go forward.
You Will Learn:
- I will give you ideas to tweak your site so you can get more clients.
- If you don’t have a site, I will tell you what you need to get started. All the basic info and what to do next.
- The most important info to include on your site. What NOT to put on it!
- And you will get ideas from what I tell others.
- What to do NEXT.
Session 5 & 6. Social Media: how to use it for business in an ethical way.
You Will Learn:
- Which ones work and which don’t for Licensed Clinicians.
- It can be a great way to build your Presence. If you want to go beyond just a private practice, this is the way to do it!
- How often to use social media sites. You don’t have to be on it a lot.
- If people decide to “follow” you on Twitter or “LIKE” you on Facebook, they WANT to know what you have to say. How to be the most effective on Social Media.
- You’ll get tips on what I think would work for your particular specialty.
Here Is What You Need To Do Next:
P.S. If it is time for you to stop hiding and get found, e-mail me for a 20 minute free PHONE or Skype consult and we can go from there.
To your getting FOUND.